Every Quest Experience Perfected
Transforming hospitality with voice and data communications
MULTIPLE CHALLENGES. ONE SEAMLESS SOLUTION.
IT’S NOT EASY BEING A TOP-RATED HOTEL, RESORT OR VENUE IN TODAY’S DEMANDING LEISURE INDUSTRY. ONLY THE MOST EFFICIENT, WELCOMING ESTABLISHMENTS CAN EXPECT THE FIVE STAR REVIEWS THAT ARE SO VITAL FOR NEW AND REPEAT BUSINESS.
Receptionists have to be calm and helpful, ready to satisfy every customer request. Security teams need to respond in a moment to threats and incidents. Management has to see the big picture and coordinate resources to deliver outstanding guest experiences, day and night. With more people considering private accommodation as a viable alternative, embracing new technology while retaining the personal touch is crucial.
But how do you do that? How do you streamline your operations and connect all your people together, no matter where they work, what they do or which device they use? The secret is to provide them with unified voice and data communications. One seamless and reliable solution that instantly connects the people you want, when you want them. With real-time information and communication, staff respond faster and make better decisions. Guest requests are quickly satisfied.
Security threats rapidly defused. Your ratings soar and business thrives.
SCENARIO: RUSH HOUR RESTAURANTS, TEAM FOCUSED
When your Maitre d’ wants to communicate with waiters and sommeliers across the resort, can he do so without bothering housekeeping and security?
The answer is yes when using PMR446 unlicensed radios. With a large corporate function in the main restaurant, a wedding party around the pool, diners in the bistro and room service, the Maitre d’ has to be in constant touch with his team. He coordinates catering with head waiters, who then communicate with catering staff to ensure service runs smoothly. Unlicensed radios allow immediate, reliable, cost effective communications between personnel without involving other teams such as housekeeping and security.
EVERYONE CONNECTED, HOSPITALITY REDEFINED RADIOS FOR EVERY WORKER
From the reception desk to the car park, from the restaurant to the penthouse suite, from the health club to the boiler room, Motorola Solutions connects all your staff and gets them communicating instantly as one team. A versatile range from basic radios to high productivity devices ready to take advantage of the added capabilities of applications, unlocks the power of communication. No boundaries. No confusion. No delays. Real-time information flows seamlessly through your hotel or resort so everyone can respond and react. With secure, reliable voice and data communications, staff have the knowledge they need to work more efficiently, while you have the awareness you need to keep them safe. People work in different ways and need different devices. Engineers on the maintenance team will require a rugged radio with enhanced coverage that allows them to work in remote or signal blackspot locations, whereas bar staff may just need a simple voice only radio. Motorola Solutions offers devices suitable for every worker and budget – from MOTOTRBO™ productivity tools equipped with full voice and data functionality to ready-to-use unlicensed devices.
MOTOTRBO radios deliver enhanced coverage to keep everyone connected, wherever they work, Intelligent Audio with advanced noise cancelling so staff can communicate effectively even in busy areas, long battery life for extended shifts plus the latest wireless connectivity utilising Bluetooth 4.0. They also sport a variety of designs from the rugged and waterproof for those working outside to the light and discreet favoured by customer-facing staff.
A world leader in the development of communication technology for the hospitality industry, Motorola Solutions makes an ideal partner. Decades of expertise in radio design combined with unrivalled experience in productivity applications allows us to develop a solution that precisely meets your needs. No matter how small or large a facility, we’ll get your teams talking as one.
SCENARIO: SPILLAGE IN RECEPTION
When a large spillage occurs in reception, can you contain the area before someone slips and injures themselves?
If your teams are connected with unified voice and data communications, danger is quickly averted. Receptionists raise an alert with housekeeping while ushering guests away from the spill and cordoning off the area. A cleaning team is identified using a location app and directed to reception, their job priorities rescheduled using Work Ticket Management. Checkout continues at a safe distance as the clean up team go to work. Customers suffer minimal delay and as the rapid response has prevented accidents, you don’t have to worry about compensation claims. Later, a guest praises your hotel on social media.
APPLICATIONS FOR PRODUCTIVITY AND SAFETY
Enhancing the radio are a variety of applications designed to simplify communications, streamline workflows and improve safety.
These applications can be integrated within the Motorola Solutions ecosystem, allowing staff to focus less on their communication system and more on the job at hand. Popular applications for hospitality include:
• Increases the safety and accountability of staff with features such as Man Down and Lone Worker Email and Text
• Enhances productivity and streamlines workflows by connecting your radio network with your text and email system Location
• Tracks vehicles and staff indoors and outdoors for improved safety, security and accountability
Work Ticket Management
• Improves efficiency and accountability across your site using text-based issue management software
SCENARIO: BAG IN THE BAR, NO OWNER
IN TIMES OF HEIGHTENED SECURITY, HOW READY ARE YOU TO RESPOND TO REPORTS OF AN UNATTENDED BAG IN THE BAR AND ENSURE SAFETY FOR ALL?
It could be extremely quickly with unified voice and data communications. The barman contacts security to alert them to the threat. Security then identifies the nearest officer and uses Transmit Interrupt to communicate an emergency order over their existing conversations. After alerting security, the barman calls in management and extra staff to evacuate the area. Teams arrive and prepare the scene for the police, tracked at all times by Security Command using a Personnel Safety app. With everyone connected, safety is maximised and the incident resolved quickly.
SCENARIO: THIRTY MINUTES TO GO, AV SYSTEM DOWN
When your AV projection system fails thirty minutes before a large conference is to begin, are you ready to react?
With unified voice and data communications, the response is immediate.
Your Conference Manager contacts maintenance, utilising the any-network, any-device interoperability of Team Communications. Location apps quickly track down the nearest technician, who is reassigned to the conference suite with the Work Ticket Management app. The Conference Manager contacts hospitality to keep guests fed and watered while the repair is being made. Everything happens smoothly behind the scenes. Crisis defused.
UNIFY COMMUNICATIONS, EXCHANGE INFORMATION
• RESPOND EFFICIENTLY TO GUEST REQUESTS BY CONNECTING RADIOS WITH EMAIL AND TEXT
• USE ADVANCED WORK TICKET MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS TO STREAMLINE THE FLOW OF INFORMATION BETWEEN THE RECEPTION DESK AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS
• TRACK STAFF ACROSS THE FACILITY WITH LOCATION APPLICATIONS
• PROTECT PERSONNEL IN ISOLATED AREAS WITH SAFETY FEATURES SUCH AS MAN DOWN
• MONITOR CLEANING STAFF WORKING ALONE WITH PERSONNEL SAFETY FEATURES SUCH AS LONE WORKER
• CHANGE PRIORITIES AND RESPOND FASTER TO GUEST REQUESTS USING WORK TICKET MANAGEMENT
BAR & RESTAURANT
• QUICKLY REPLENISH STOCKS AND COMMUNICATE REQUESTS USING UNLICENSED VOICE-ONLY DEVICES
• CHECK WHETHER THERE ARE ANY TABLES FREE IN THE UPSTAIRS AREA
• STAY IN TOUCH AROUND POOL AREAS WITH WATERPROOF DEVICES
• HEAR AND BE HEARD CLEARLY IN BUSY HEALTH CLUBS AND POOL COMPLEXES WITH ADVANCED NOISE CANCELLING
• SEE WHERE ENGINEERS ARE WORKING INSTANTLY WITH LOCATION APPLICATIONS
• TRACK PROGRESS AND OPTIMISE EFFICIENCY BETWEEN TEAMS USING WORK TICKET MANAGEMENT
• MONITOR STAFF WORKING IN ISOLATED AREAS WITH PERSONNEL SAFETY FEATURES SUCH AS LONE WORKER AND MAN DOWN
• SEE THE BIG PICTURE – FEATURES SUCH AS EMAIL AND TEXT, SYSTEM MONITORING, CALL LOGGING AND LOCATION ALLOW YOU TO MONITOR RESOURCES AND OPTIMISE PERFORMANCE
• TUNE UP YOUR BUSINESS – MAXIMISE GUEST SATISFACTION, ENHANCE PRODUCTIVITY, CONTROL COSTS AND BUILD A SYSTEM THAT CAN EVOLVE WITH YOUR EVER-CHANGING NEEDS